This week’s blog topic will be about controlling your weeds. We will discuss the following things regarding managing your weeds:
- the function of weed control
- different types of weed control
- safety issues
- precautions needed
- Space on your property
- Attention from caring for the rest of our landscape to deal with them
Helpful HintsBefore moving on, we want to provide you with a few helpful hints and information regarding weed control in general. Consider it a do and don’ts list of weed control. Here are a few tips we gathered for you:
- Water everything on your lawn or landscape except the weeds.
- Cutting your grass to the proper height and having a nice dense turf will help keep weeds from taking root on the lawn.
- Weed right after a large rainfall. It is the best time to do it!
- Digging on your lawn and landscape, in general, will bring out your weeds to the surface.
- Grow fruits and vegetables in pots to avoid digging and drawing out weeds.
- Pre-Emergent Weed Killer is a viable option to prevent weeds as it kills them before they can grow.
- Another useful option for weed control is mulching, which prevents weeds from growing on your landscape. If mulch is used on your lawn it can actually help spread the seeds. If the lawn isn’t treated, you should always bag your clippings, so seeds don’t spread!